As offices open up throughout the country we’ve put together a few taking your dog to work tips that should ease the process.
- Do a short office visit with your dog before you actually go in to work.
- Introduce your pup to other office dogs outdoors.
- Only allow your dog to approach people who interact with them (Remember that not everyone LOVES dogs- seriously)!
- Practice your dog’s settle training, whether that be in a puppy crate, bed or settle mat. This might take additional practice in a new environment.
- Remember to schedule comfort breaks for your dog (based on their age) throughout the day.
- Ensure they have an office worthy dog bowl of fresh water, left in a place away from thoroughfares.
- Take brain toys such as healthy chews or kongs to keep their brain busy.
- Be aware of office hazards: Wires, rubbish bins, peoples bags, shoes etc
Finally be realistic about your expectations of your dog, your colleagues and your workplace.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device