Why not have a go at making these gorgeous dog safe chocolate Easter treats for your dog or puppy?
Normal chocolate should NEVER be fed to dogs as it is highly toxic. This bake uses dog safe chocolate made from carob (a chocolate substitute), which is safe for dogs to consume. That said it is still high in fat and sugar so should be given a a special treat in moderation.
100g of dog chocolate (either buttons or a bar you can break up)
- Small pan
- Heatproof bowl
- Easter moulds (we used silicone)
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in the heatproof bowl.
- Boil a kettle and place about 3cm of boiling water into the bottom of the pan
- Place the bowl with the chocolate on to the pan
- Turn the hob onto a medium heat.
- Stir the chocolate until completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and carefully pour the chocolate into the mould.
- Place on a wooden board or tray and pop into the fridge for 20-30mins.
- Take the mould out of the fridge and gently pop out the treats!